The Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training (DET) is the updated teaching qualification for people who have a full teaching position and are required to obtain Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
This Diploma prepares teachers in training to teach in a variety of contexts. The DET will provide the knowledge you need to develop the skills necessary to hold a full teaching position within the Lifelong Learning Sector. Participants learn how to plan and deliver schemes of work including sessions, a whole range of strategies for teaching and learning, how to develop a curriculum and assessment practices as well as insights on professional development. This DET programme is for those currently working as teachers or people planning on going into this profession.
The DET qualification is recognised as one of the Initial Teacher Education (ITE) qualifications under Society for Education and Training (SET), and can lead to Qualified Teacher of Learning and Skills (QTLS) status.
Content of Programme
Learners will need to meet the requirements outlined in the table below to achieve the qualification, i.e. achieve the appropriate mandatory and optional units, as well as satisfactorily completion of 100 hours teaching practice. Total credit value is 120 of which 75 credits are mandatory and 45 credits are optional.
The units are:
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
- Teaching in a specialist area
- Inclusive practices
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialised area
- Level 3 qualification or its equivalent in a particular specialised area
- Access to Higher Education Certificate or relevant work experience
- Applicants must have access to 100 hours of teaching practice. Applicants must provide proof of having arranged or confirmed work placement.
The course fee is £5800.
- Funding and Grants
- Self funded
- Company funding
Please speak to an Advisor for suitable option available for you on 02085943500
- Once this qualification is completed you can be hired in as a teacher, training officer or manager.
- Progress to a BA in Education / Bachelor of Education (BEd). The DET qualification is recognised as equivalent to the Certificate of Education qualifications in the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications. Students who have achieved the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training can progress to further higher education studies (Level 6) in Bachelor of Education (BEd) or BA (Hons) Education at numerous universities in the UK.
- Apply for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) at the Society for Education & Training. For further information about QTLS please contact Society for Education & Training.
Please contact Gateway Education for more information and to find out how to enrol:
Phone: 020 8594 3500